Job Title: Welder
Vacancies: Multiple x10
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline
Compensation: £33,711 to £36,231 + Paid Overtime + Great Benefits
Role Type: Full Time/ Permanent
Role ID: SF54142
At Babcock, we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Welder. We currently have multiple opportunities for Welders to join our team in Rosyth, where you'll play a key part in helping to build the new 'Inspiration' class, Type 31 frigate.
Type 31 will be at the heart of the Royal Navy's surface fleet, deterring aggression and maintaining the security of the UK's interests. They will work alongside the UK's Allies to deliver a warship presence across the globe and enable a forward naval presence.
We're committed to delivering five Type 31 frigates by the end of 2028 but, with operations and opportunities spanning the length and breadth of the UK, your career can grow across our busines
As a Welder, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. If you can bring technical skills and a safe working attitude, then we can provide you with one of the most exciting engineering projects this country has to offer.
You'll be part of a friendly, supportive team, working alongside other experienced professionals like yourself who are engaged in safely carrying out welding and welding related activities in a production environment supporting the Type 31 unit build - from piece part creation through to panel manufacture and whole ship build
Day-to-day ctivities will include:
- Following standard operating procedures in the safe set up and operation of welding plant
- Carrying out welding tasks in accordance with the essential variables
- Visual inspection of completed welds to contract acceptance standards and project requirements
- Maintaining welding plant functionality
- Carrying out daily machine checks, ensuring that any fault is reported immediately
- Safely setting up and removing any pre-heating equipment
- Use of digital and thermal temperature recording devices
- Control of welding consumables tiles in production environments
The Welder role covers but not limited to:
- GSFCAW process
- SAW process
- Basic Visual Inspection
- Control of welding consumables
The Welder role is full-time, 37-hours per week, Monday to Thursday, with plenty of opportunities to boost your earnings potential with flexible overtime and the opportunity to work shifts.
Essential experience of the Welder
- Indentured Welder
- An understanding of weld defects and causes
- Perform set up procedures for all welding equipment and accessories to be used on projects
- Experience with Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) or MIG
Your safety and wellbeing are of paramount importance to us because health and safety is an integral part of our business. We operate in a high-risk environment; therefore, we are looking for people who share our understanding and respect for health and safety.
Qualifications of the Welder
Please note that all applicants must be able to achieve a minimum of Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance, for this post.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.