Job Title: Systems Engineer
Location: Bristol, UK
Compensation: Competitive plus Additional Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF49293
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Systems Engineer at our Bristol site.
As a Systems Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Babcock Mission Systems is growing, and we need you to support us delivering the next generation of Beyond Line of Sight (BLOS) Radio Frequency (RF) Communications solutions for a variety of national and international customers.
Day to day, you'll become an integral part of the design team, maturing system architecture, product design and producing contract engineering deliverables.
* You'll create solutions in response to customer requirements, from concepts through to in-life support and manage interfaces and trade-offs between systems, sub systems and functions.
* You'll also develop, build, test and trial solutions as well as support in-service systems, troubleshooting technical faults.
Essential experience of the Systems Engineer:
* Military BLOS Communications systems
* Cisco CCNA/CCNP, MOD JSP604, Security by Design, WAN/LAN
* VMWare, SAN
* RF transmission & reception systems, antennas & RF distribution
* Audio and data communications & switching
* Software & Hardware integration
* Test & acceptance campaign planning, preparation & conduct
* IBM's Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORs)
We offer flexible working to give people more options to better integrate their work and personal life, whilst ensuring that business needs are met. This role provides hybrid working arrangements with 1-2 days in the office/onsite and 3-4 days working from home.
Qualifications for the Systems Engineer:
* HNC/HND or Degree in Telecommunications or Electronic Engineering.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate/Practitioner
* Incorporated Engineer or working towards
* Equivalent, relevant experience is valued and welcomed
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC Clearance security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 05/07/23