Job Title: Senior Shielding Consultant
Location: Warrington - Hybrid
Salary: £45-60K Depending On Experience
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51851
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Shielding Consultant at our Warrington site.
As a Senior Shielding Consultant, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll embed yourself into multi-discipline project teams to provide shielding solutions to Cavendish customers across Civil Nuclear and Defence.
Day to day, you'll develop and maintain excellent working relations with customers, colleagues and other Cavendish Nuclear departments
* Authoring of shielding reports and related calculation notes, and verification of others' work
* Supervising the work of junior technical specialists within the same discipline
* Managing delivery of tasks undertaken within their agreed Delegation of Authority (DOA) against cost and programme to the satisfaction of Key Stakeholders
* Ensuring effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress
Essential experience of the Senior Shielding Consultant:
* Excellent working knowledge of radiation transport codes, particularly Monte Carlo codes MCBEND and/or MCNP
* Experience working on major projects in a shielding technical lead role
This is a hybrid role, based in Warrington. Three days in office on average, but may vary with business need.
Qualifications for the Senior Shielding Consultant:
* Degree in a relevant scientific or engineering technical discipline
The successful candidate must be able to achieve DV (can start on BPSS) security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a centrury years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 11/08/2023