Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Warrington, Cheshire + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: £60,000 - £70,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52703
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Quantity Surveyor at our Warrington site.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be working with Cavendish Nuclear. Cavendish Nuclear is the UK's leading nuclear services company, with a highly-skilled workforce and a growing international presence. Our people innovate to make nuclear safer, faster, at lower cost across all aspects of the nuclear energy lifecycle.
Day to day, you will work with key internal stakeholders, client and suppliers/subcontractors to drive both strategic value and operational excellence through all levels of the business.
- Provide commercial management and support to Quantity Surveyors
- Provide commercial support and expertise to projects being responsible for a range of commercial activities (bid governance, reviews, change management, compensation event contractual notices, etc.)
- Undertake internal compliance, liaising with the relevant Head of Commercial and customers as required
- Support Commercial Managers with all commercial aspects of the project
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders ensuring alignment of objectives and mutual setting of goals
- Full understanding of the head contract terms and conditions and how these flow down to the Subcontract supply chain
This role is a ull time permanent position and will be based at our Warrington Site.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential experience of the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
- Significant experience in a Quantity Surveying role
- Good understanding of day-to-day commercial administration in the Engineering and Construction industries
- Experience in delivering to project commercial strategy, and to delivering on large and complex contracts and bids
- Experience in supporting large-scale projects and complex change initiatives
- Excellent NEC3 skills
Qualifications for the Senior Quantity Surveyor:
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.