Job Title: Senior Process Engineer
Location: Warrington, Cheshire + 2 days per week from home
Compensation: £55,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54607
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Senior Process Engineer at our Warrington site.
The role of Senior Process Engineer:
As a Senior Process Engineer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will manage the delivery of engineering and technical activities through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience. Day to day, you'll be working in accordance with the Being Cavendish Nuclear Principles, ensuring that that procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
- Producing calculations, analyses, drawings, models, design base documentation and technical reports and supervising trainee staff in production of same.
- Supervising designers in the production of drawings and engineering models.
- Producing technical specifications, assessing tender returns and providing technical support to those packages throughout the design, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and decommissioning phases of the project to ensure that the Design Intent is maintained.
- Carrying out design risk assessments, raising design quality plans and reviewing design changes
- Ensuring that adequate Reviewing, Verifying & Approval is undertaken on all their deliverables
This role will be based onsite 3 days per week, and 2 days per week from home.
Essential experience of the Senior Process Engineer:
- Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
- Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
- Demonstrable experience in managing small teams to deliver analysis activities on a range of project types
- Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interface with other disciplines
Desirable experience of the Senior Process Engineer:
- Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full
- Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.