Senior HSE Manager
To Task Manage a multidiscipline team in the provision of HSE Services to an agreed HSE Service Schedule or Schedules across a broad area of the business with the aim of achieving excellent performance in environment, safety, and health throughout that area.
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary - £55,130 - £70,000 Per annum (dependent on experience and suitability for the role
Closing Date - 26th September 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time.
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
Successful Candidates will be responsible for:
- Establishing with customer/s appropriate HSE service schedules (including proportionate HSE improvement programmes) and deliver the required services to time and cost by routinely monitoring performance against the schedule.
- The Task Management of a multidiscipline team within their current area of deployment.
- Interfacing with Technical Leads/Line Managers of HSE Staff deployed to the area of deployment and be actively involved with development and objective setting activities.
- Ensuring appropriate utilisation of deployed ESH Staff and managing instance of over and underutilisation.
- Setting direction and developing a shared understanding of individuals' roles in delivering the AWE vision and strategy.
- Enabling the performance and results of the team. Making sure that team members have the capabilities to get the work done now and in the future.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate some of the following:
- Degree in a science or engineering based subject, NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent) or vocational qualification, (HND or equivalent).
- Good understanding of all HSE disciplines/topics e.g., Process Safety, Environment, Safety Cases, etc.
- Understanding of current HSE management system standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, HSG65 and BS OHSAS 18001.
- Understanding of current HSE legislation, standards, and guidance (including Licence conditions) relevant to the role.
- Understanding of configuration and change management techniques.
- Understanding of improvement techniques such as Lean Six Sigma, RLI.
- Ability to influence and persuade at all levels within the organisation.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multitask role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Ability to build and improve effective internal working relationships at all levels to secure best solutions.
- Previous experience working in a high hazard setting (e.g., Nuclear, COMAH).