Quality Manager - Operations
Location: Warrington or Leicester
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53101
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Quality Manager - Operations at our Dalton Avenue or Radar Road sites.
As a Quality Manager - Operations, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll work closely with internal and external teams to ensure that Nuclear Services operations are maintained in accordance with internal and contractual standards and customer specific requirements.
Day to day, you'll:
- Proactively develop, manage, support and advise on all aspects of quality management, including associated risks and issues.
- Develop and implement appropriate auditing / assurance arrangements within the operational area, both internally and externally (e.g. Suppliers).
- Develop robust relationships with internal and external customers, liaising with them to understand their requirements / expectations for quality assurance, quality control and inspection.
- Carry out accountability and reporting processes for the area to ensure issues and risks and captured, understood, and dealt with.
- Be responsible for team management and development.
Essential experience of the Quality Manager - Operations:
- Formal auditor trained with experience leading and managing Quality audits.
- Experience of Quality activities within a production, manufacturing, or operational environment.
- Previous experience in a managing and developing teams and delegating duties to drive continuous improvement.
- Broad understanding across Quality Assurance, Quality Control and Inspection within an operational environment.
This role provides hybrid working with two to three days per week in the office and the remainder working from home.
Qualifications for the Quality Manager - Operations:
- Ideally be qualified to a HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject e.g. engineering OR previous experience in a Quality Manager role.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement.
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 18/09/2023