Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Devonport, Plymouth
Compensation: £35,966 - £43,733 + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53044
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Quality Assurance Engineer.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll provide assurance that projects are delivered on time and fit for purpose.
Day to day, you'll provide support to projects to define appropriate quality requirements and work with suppliers and subcontractors to ensure design intent is achievied.
* Provide support to projects at an early stage to define appropriate quality requirements
* Interfacing with and Project Management on project quality related matters
* Review & provide improvements into project deliverable documentation
* Conducting internal audits
* KPI / metric development & maintenance
* Represent quality department in weekly Project / Programme meetings when required
Experience Required for the Quality Assurance Engineer
* Knowledge / Experience of quality management systems (BS EN ISO 9001)
* Capable of acting competently, decisively and quickly on quality related issues
* Strong communication & presentation skills
* Nuclear sector experience beneficial
This role is set up to be hybrid working with a mixture of office, home and periodic travel
Qualifications Required for the Quality Assurance Engineer
* Educated to HNC / HND level in relevant subject
* Recognised professional qualification in Quality Management advantageous
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.