We are looking for an AWEsome Project Controls Manager to head a mutli-functional Project Controls Team here at AWE.
Location: Hybrid and flexible working, with our offices based in Berkshire between Reading, Basingstoke and Newbury with onsite parking and public transport services.
Salary: Starting at £45,110 this is very much open to negotiation if you have the skills and experience we need.
What's exciting about this role?
As a Project Controls Manager (within - Governance, Planning, Risk, Reporting, and Controls) you will head multi-functional Project Controls teams. It's vital that we ensure delivery of our project programmes, to do this, you'll collaborate with Project Managers and Supply Chain to produce a pragmatic baseline.
You will need to engage, negotiate, and influence people across the business to ensure effective controls are in place to monitor progress, manage issues and mitigate slippage.
You could be working on maintaining existing infrastructure or ensuring the successful introduction of our new capability.
A typical day for you could look like this:
- Managing risk, including ownership of qualitative and quantitative assessments to schedule predictability and cost.
- Influencing and supporting project managers and procurement to ensure schedule momentum and cash flow KPI's.
- Role modelling best practice in conceptual estimating, funding stage gates, basic contingency principals and procurement principals.
- Coordinating and facilitating planning sessions and workshops to compile the master project/programme schedule baseline, ensuring an achievable duration.
- Utilising your expertise in procurement schedules to create achievable lead times within the schedule.
- Prioritising materials and equipment orders to meet scheduled install dates.
- Influencing key stakeholders to facilitate sign off of baseline and encouraging visibility of regular progress updates.
- Introducing robust change processes, ensuring schedules, interfaces, cost, risk, and changes are managed appropriately.
- Owning the change management process and workflow
- Highlighting trends and root causes of deviations against the baseline using lead and lag indicators and reporting effective remedial actions in order to drive best value for the client.
We would like you to have experience of:
- Delivering Controls in a major project/ programme environment, ideally within Defence, Data Centre's, Life Sciences, Pharma, R&D facilities, Industrial, Manufacturing, Distribution & Logistics sectors
- Mentoring and developing a multi-functional controls team
- Meeting project deadlines
- Adept with controls/ general software applications such as Primavera (P6), Power BI
- Insight into engineering, procurement, contracts, construction processes
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management
- Heading collaborative focus groups
Why work for us?
AWE has been voted one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK again this year. So, when you work with us, you can take advantage of a great package of benefits and development opportunities on top of your salary:
You can find out more about our benefits HERE
To apply: Please log into AWE Careers to submit your CV and a covering letter. Make sure that you highlight all relevant skills and experience for this job. Give us a clear view of what you can bring to the role and also why you want to work with the team here at AWE.
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Security/ Developed Vetting Clearance (funded by the AWE) in order to start with us in this role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
This job role is suitable for hybrid working, which is an informal, non-contractual and voluntary arrangement, blending a balance of attendance in the workplace (your permanent duty station) and working from home as a personal choice. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post.
The successful candidate is required to carry out all their duties from a UK location and cannot do so from an overseas location at any time.
Important things you need to know:
- Interviews will be scheduled during working hours
- Interviews will be 90 minutes on TEAMS and will include a 5-to-10-minute presentation
For more information about the role or the recruitment process, get in touch with me (Sunflower) at:
(Sorry agencies - all recruitment for this role is being managed by our internal resourcing team here at AWE)