Job Title: Production Controller
Location: Whetstone, Leicester
Compensation: £30,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF51512
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Production Controller at our Whetstone site.
As a Production Controller, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. Integral to delivery is our manufacturing capability, which comprises of manufacturing, assembly and testing facilities at Whetstone and Rosyth. Covering a wide range of manufactured products, from specialist waste containers to large scale equipment manufacture to support decommissioning projects. Whetstone and Rosyth also have extensive facilities to support full mock-up assembly and off-site commissioning activities.
Day to day, you will be actively involved on the shop floor ensuring the team are on track with projects and reporting the progress to multiple teams and senior stakeholders to keep everyone up to date and keep operations running smoothly.
- Attend practical daily setting to work meetings to enable you to collate information across the board and help them to understand where we are and future load
- To produce works documentation "Job Bags" etc and to liaise with stores on kitting priorities
- To work with the production engineers on the delivery of the production stages of projects/work packages meeting safety, cost, and programme and quality objectives and PEP (Project execution plan)
- Provide guidance and co-ordination to support the supervisory team to work in accordance with identified procedures and instructions.
- Keep auditable daily records of work undertaken by themselves and those under their control. Including sales and cost forecasts
Essential experience of the Production Controller
- Competent in MS, namely Excel
- Demonstrable experience in managing in a production environment
- Manufacturing/engineering background - having a good idea of how things within a similar regulated industry would be helpful (aerospace would be very similar, automotive, machine shop, welding, factory)
- Fast-paced production engineering (preferred)
- SAP experienced (preferred)
This role is full time, 37 hours a week on site. This works out at 4 and a half days a week (12.00 finish on Friday). Based at our Whetstone production facility.
Qualifications for the Production Controller
We value difference and we don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 03/10/23