Job Title: Principal Process Engineer
Location: Warrington, Cheshire + 2 days per week from home
Compensation: £65,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53389
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Principal Process Engineer at our Warrington site.
The role of Principal Process Engineer:
As a Principal Process Engineer you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will provide leadership in the delivery of engineering and technical activities through the application of process, domain knowledge and experience.
At this level, an experienced engineer, has a breadth of engineering knowledge & experience, resolves a range of technical issues and problems, compiles technical reports and accompanying presentations, provides, reviews and adheres to specifications in accordance with stakeholder requirements.
- Ensure effective management of multi discipline teams to ensure timely & efficient delivery of engineering work to meet customer agreed scope.
- Ensure effective management of the customer, including liaison and relationship development with existing and new customers, to aid the development of business, resolution of technical and delivery issues, and such that the customer is fully briefed and informed of progress.
- Ensure technical management of the engineering output to ensure delivery of technical solutions in line with agreed technical scope.
- Ensure application of highest standards for health and safety in immediate area of responsibility and ensure all team members across engineering co-operate with respect to company standards about matters on health, safety and environment, ethics and behaviours.
- Ensure project and technical audits and review are planned & executed in order to impart learning and experience as appropriate and in line with agreed standards.
- Support business development and identify opportunities and new work streams. -operation across Engineering and other functional teams
This role is fulitime and will be based onsite theree days per week, and two days per week working from home.
Essential experience of the Principal Process Engineer:
- Engineering degree (or equivalent qualification) in relevant engineering discipline, with significant demonstrable experience
- Chartered Engineer status
- Demonstrable experience in managing teams to deliver analysis activities on a range of project types.
- Demonstrable experience in covering a variety of tasks across a range of complexities.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interface with other discipline.
- Desirable experience of the Principal Process Engineer:
- Member of relevant institute or significant demonstrable engineering experience and capable of registration with the Engineering Council
- Experience in managing engineering scope for Projects from concept design to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC)
- Breadth and depth of experience in a range of commercial or defence projects
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave.
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement.
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 24/11/23