Job Title: Principal Digital Engineer - BIM Consultant
Location: Remote, with some travel to Bristol, Warrington, Newbury, and Reading
Compensation: Competitive Package
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF49898
At Cavendish Nulear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Principal Digital Engineer.
From decommissioning redundant nuclear facilities, through supporting the Continuous at Sea Deterrent, to supporting the operation and build of nuclear power plants, our role in Cavendish Nuclear is to clean up the nuclear legacy and create a world where nuclear plays a key contribution in protecting our nation, ensuring security of energy supply and meeting our net zero commitments
As a Principal Digital Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be a consultant, capturing a broad overview of the requirements for a huge 10-year major infrastructure project, and articulating these back to the design team.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for line management of the design team, instructing them based on requirements gathered from the client.
- Interpret requirements and translate into solutions
- Line management, training, development and mentorship within the discipline
- Assist in the resourcing of bids and projects and utilisation/productivity of the discipline
Essential experience of the Principal Digital Engineer:
- BIM consultancy experience
- Knowledge of ISO19650 standards
- Understanding of digital strategy
This role is mostly remote, with weekly travel to one of several Cavendish or client sites (Bristol, Warrington, Newbury, or Reading).
Qualifications for the Principal Digital Engineer:
- Degree or equivalent qualifications in a relevant subject
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.