Job Title: Mechanical Fitter x2
Location: Rosyth, Dunfermline
Compensation: £36,231 + paid overtime + great benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54667
At Babcock, we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Fitter at our Rosyth site.
As a Mechanical Fitter, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. We have two exciting opportunities to support our programmes here at Rosyth.
This could see you:
- Primarily working in the Civil Nuclear Department assisting Commissioning Engineers.
- Working on a wide variety of mechanical systems and equipment.
- Working to engineering drawings and technical specifications, you'll also install and align new equipment and carry out system and equipment functional tests and surveys.
- Engaging in composite working including carrying out maintenance programmes.
If you can bring technical skills and a safe working attitude, then we can offer you the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting engineering projects this country has to offer.
Our Mechanical Fitter roles are full-time, 37-hours per week (36 hours from April 1st 2024) and based onsite at Rosyth Dockyard.
Essential experience of the Mechanical Fitter:
- You will need the ability to read engineering drawings, to interpret work instructions and be competent in the use of general workshop machinery specific to mechanical fitting.
- Ideally you will have worked in the marine engineering industry with experience of Royal Navy ships and submarines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels or large commercial ships - although other relevant experience from other engineering sectors will be considered.
- Demonstrable experience of working within high performing engineering teams focused on delivering engineering projects.
- Demonstrable experience of working on the removal, installation and overhaul of marine mechanical equipment with a particular focus on propulsion equipment, auxiliary systems & power generation equipment.
- Experience of working within marine engineering environment
Qualifications for the Mechanical Fitter:
- Time served Apprentice within the field of marine engineering / naval engineering environment
- Indentured Apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline
- Level-3 Modern Apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline
- Level-3 Mechanical Engineering qualification
Successful candidates must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century, Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.