Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Location: Either Preston, Warrington, Bristol, or Leicester+ Hybrid Working
Compensation: £35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53156
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Mechanical Engineer at our Warrington, Bristol, Leicester or Preston sites.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. This role sits within our Cavendish Nuclear business, from decommissioning redundant nuclear facilities, through supporting the Continuous at Sea Deterrent, to supporting the operation and build of nuclear power plants, our role in Cavendish Nuclear is to clean up the nuclear legacy and create a world where nuclear plays a key contribution in protecting our nation, ensuring security of energy supply and meeting our net zero commitments.
Our highly skilled team tackles major defence, decommissioning, new build and nuclear generation projects and has won over 78% of its latest tenders. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. We're also bringing the UK closer to Net Zero, through our work with Hinkley C, Sizewell C and X Energy.
- Promote effective co-operation across Engineering and other functional teams
- Assist in effective management of the customer, through interfacing with customers and supply chain on design issues and assist with procurement specifications
- Ensure procedures, codes and standards are correctly identified and applied to engineering and technical activities.
- Ensure task and project risks are communicated appropriately
- Contribute to Product Safety Assessment process
- Provide a technical interface with internal and external stakeholders at a detailed level
- Carry out technical investigations and analysis to provide data for problem assessment/resolution and for design of improvements
- Contribute to process improvement within the operational and/or design lifecycle to deliver continuous improvements in quality, cycle time and asset utilisation
- Apply engineering domain knowledge to produce technical solutions and documentation in support of assigned task and project
Essential experience of the Mechanical Engineer:
- Nuclear experience is not a necessity, we welcome applications from all engineering backgrounds.
- You are someone who owns and delivers, who champions high performance and is courageous to challenge the status quo.
- Knowledge of CAD tools and General Engineering Drawing Practice.
- Ability to build strong and influential relationships with key stakeholders
Qualifications for the Mechanical Engineer
- Minimum HNC/HND in Engineering, or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate must hold, or be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.