Job Title: Head of Finance
Location: Bristol or Plymouth, UK - Hybrid - Working from Home Options Available
Compensation: Up to £75,000 (Depending on Experience) & Bonus & Car Allowance & Excellent Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54515
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Head of Finance at our Bristol or Plymouth site.
As a Head of Finance, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary, acting as our finance lead, for our Future Maritime Support Programme (FMSP) Transformation team; being accountable for the success of providing financial support to the business and meeting operational targets.
Day to day, you'll be expected to provide financial guidance for transformation and cost saving within the business area, as well as interface with key functional and operational teams, to ensure that the transformation programme operates in a focused and cost-effective manner.
- Understanding the contracting mechanisms to deliver Transformation.
- Drive Transformation and Business Improvement strategies across the business.
- Engage with the Sector finance teams to ensure that FMSP budgeting, forecasting and cost control is aligned to contractual commitments, is accurate, timely and effective.
- Work with the sector finance teams to ensure the provision of FMSP financial data to support audit requirements for the programme.
This is a full-time position that allows for you work in a hybrid working arrangement; the expectation is to work largely remotely but, have the ability to travel to Bristol and / or Plymouth, a few times a month.
Essential Experience of the Head of Finance:
- Prior experience of working in a senior / similar finance role.
- Proven track record of maximising financial performance and growth.
- Demonstratable experience of combining financial and commercial capabilities to maximise value and manage risk across the business.
- Robust investment appraisal experience.
- Financial reporting and technical accounting experience.
Qualifications for the Head of Finance:
- You must hold a recognised accounting qualifuication (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, ACMA, ICAEW, ICAS) or equivalent / similar.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.