Job Title: Global Head of Strategic Workforce Planning
Location: UK Wide, Hybrid arrangements available
Salary: Competitive + Bonus, Car Allowance, Family PMI, LTIP, Pension, Benefits
Role Type: Full time and Permanent
Role ID: SF53132
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as our Global Head of Strategic Workforce Planning.
As our Global Head of Strategic Workforce Planning, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. This pivotal role will be responsible for developing and delivering the Group's workforce plan. Overseeing the medium to long-term planning and forecasting across all levels of roles to meet the needs of the business. Deployment of employees to meet the workforce plan, identifying and mitigating any associated workforce risks. This role will be accountable for delivery across our global organisation and the role incumbent will be leading the rollout of the SWP process across all sectors and Direct Reporting Countries.
Key Duties of our Global Head of Strategic Workforce Planning include but are not limited to:
- Strategic Workforce Risk Management: Develop and implement a comprehensive strategic workforce planning framework to anticipate and manage workforce risks across the organisation
- Rollout Process Implementation: Lead the design and implementation of the strategic workforce planning process across new sectors and Direct Reporting Countries
- Data Analysis and Insight: Utilise data analytics and business intelligence tools to extract meaningful insights and actionable recommendations from workforce metrics and trends
- Collaboration and Stakeholder Management: Foster strong relationships with key internal stakeholders, including HR leaders, business unit heads, and executives, to understand their workforce needs and align strategic workforce planning initiatives accordingly
- Change Management: Drive the organisation's understanding and adoption of strategic workforce planning initiatives. Create a change management plan that ensures effective communication and training to key stakeholders, enabling successful implementation and sustained benefits
- Provide Principled Leadership in partnership with HR and business leaders to proactively identify the critical workforce requirements necessary to execute strategic business plans
Essential experience of the Global Head of Strategic Workforce Planning:
- Significant experience in a strategic workforce planning or capability related role, preferably in a global organisation with a strategic remit
- Strong analytical and data-driven mindset with the ability to interpret complex workforce data and develop actionable insights including commercial enablement
- Proven track record of successfully implementing strategic workforce planning initiatives, including process design, change management, and stakeholder management
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to effectively engage and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Experience in managing and leading cross-functional teams to deliver strategic projects
- Strong knowledge and understanding of global workforce dynamics, labour markets, and business trends
- Advanced proficiency in workforce planning tools, HR information systems, and data analytics software
This role is a permanent full-time post with the ability to work from home/WFH when appropriate with travel throughout the UK required when needed.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a centur years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.