We need an AWEsome Finance Business Partner Manager to join our Finance Business Team at AWE.
Location: Hybrid and flexible working, at our offices at RG7 4PR which is located Reading, Basingstoke and Newbury with onsite parking and public transport services. *Normally we ask you to work up to 2 days on site per week.
Salary: Starts at £42,420 . This is VERY much open to negotiation if you have the skills and experience we are looking for.
AWE has been voted one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK again this year. So, when you work with us, you can take advantage of a great package of benefits and development opportunities on top of your salary including:
- 25 days annual leave
- Every other Friday off (AWE works a 9-day fortnight, so the site is closed every other Friday)
- Generous pension contributions of between 9% and 13% (defined contribution on your pensionable pay depending on your own contrition)
- Flexible working arrangements can be considered so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle
- Excellent personal development opportunities including annual membership to relevant professional bodies, training and mentoring
- Everyday spending discounts - access to savings on a wide range of shops and services exclusive to AWE employees
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
You can find out more about our benefits HERE
We would like you to have experience of:
- Stakeholder management skills with ability to collaborate at all levels
- Microsoft Office skills associated with the role
- Working use of a cost management tool / business system
- Experience of developing effective stakeholder relationships
- Experience of working in a finance environment
- Operating in a similar or related role Ideally: MOD/DEFENCE/ NUCLEAR/ REGULATED - helpful but not a deal breaker!
- Supporting the preparation, monitoring and control of forecasts and budgets for specified areas
- Supporting system interrogation and financial performance measurement
- Provision of input to cost reports, including trend analysis and early warnings
- Variance analysis and cost monitoring against a range of financial measures and expense categories Provision of input to narrative for impact and recovery statements
- Building effective relationships with customer budget holders and wider stakeholders
- Provision of information and reports at appropriate level budget holder meetings
- Providing of information to provide financial data to support business activities and requirements
- Provision of cost information for business cases
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter highlighting any relevant skills and experience for this job, giving us a clear view of what you can bring to the role and also why you want to work with the team here at AWE.
You must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Security& Developed Vetting Clearance (funded by us) in order to start with us in this role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
This job role is suitable for hybrid working, which is an informal, non-contractual and voluntary arrangement, blending a balance of attendance in the workplace (your permanent duty station) and working from home as a personal choice. If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post.
You will be required on site up to two days per week subject to operational requirements.
All duties must be carried out from a UK location and cannot do so from an overseas location at any time.
Closing date: 26th September 23
Interviews will be on TEAMS (90 minutes with a 10 minute presentation) during working hours
If we receive an exceptionally high level of applications, this vacancy may close early. So don't procrastinate, brush up your CV and APPLY NOW!
Please feel free to reach out for more information via:
Sunflower (Sunny) Montague | LinkedIn