We have an AWEsome opportunity for an Estimator to join us at the Atomic Weapons Establishment (AWE).
This is an exciting time to join us as an Estimator as we begin a once in a generation programme of work in support of the United Kingdom's Continuous at Sea Deterrent.
We are located in the countryside (RG7 4PR) between Reading and Basingstoke with onsite parking. There are good bus links between our site and Basingstoke.
Salary is Negotiable (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
As an Estimator, you will support the implementation of P3M Project Controls and enterprise-wide cost estimating.
As an Estimator we would like you to have experience of the following:
- Experience of projects, programmes, and working within a project controls environment, including stakeholder engagement at all levels
- Experience working within construction, engineering, or regulated environments (MOD/Defence/Nuclear/Regulated) is desirable
- Good technical skills
- Building great relationships and engaging with people across the organisation
- Juggling priorities and delivering within demanding timescales
- Problem solving and reaching conclusions
- Professional body membership IRM, ACostE or APM is desirable
A typical day for an Estimator could look like this:
- Develop estimates through the gated project process to support investment decisions and inform budgets
- Develop multi-disciplinary cost estimates at all stages of project lifecycle which may include whole life/through life cost estimating associated with operations. Supported by clear and auditable basis of estimate documentation
- Understand, interpret, and manipulate a variety data to support the cost estimating process
- Providing robust cost advice and analysis to support key business decision making and reviews
- Develop and support key relationships with the Project Manager, Project Controls team, Engineering and other stakeholders as required
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you.
You can find out more HERE!
To apply: Please log into AWE Careers to submit your CV and a covering letter. Make sure that you highlight all relevant skills and experience for this job. Give us a clear view of what you can bring to the role and also why you want to work with the team here at AWE.
If successful, you must be willing and able to obtain and maintain Developed Vetting Clearance (funded by the AWE) in order to start with us in this role. It can take several months for clearance to come through.
If you are successful, any opportunities for hybrid/ flexible working will be discussed with you prior to you taking up your post.
Important things you need to know:
- Interviews will be scheduled during working hours
- Interviews will be 60 minutes on TEAMS a
- All duties must be carried out from a UK location and there is significant requirement for regular onsite attendance here at RG7 4PR.
For more information about the role or the recruitment journey, get in touch with me (Sunflower) at:
(Sorry agencies - all recruitment for this role is being managed by our internal resourcing team here at AWE)