Job Title: Electrical Technical Author
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh + Hybrid Working
Compensation: Up to £44,000 + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55098
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Electrical Technical Author at HMNB Clyde in Helensburgh.
As an Electrical Technical Author, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary.
Day to day, you'll producing maintenance and repair documentation for all registered assets, including Nuclear Safety Implicated (NSI) assets, across the whole of HMNB Clyde.
Other duties include:
- Assist the Senior Technical Author in maximising the utilisation of all the section's resource.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with the Company's cost, time and quality requirements.
- Implementation of the Company Safety, Quality and Environmental policies in the Operations Planning area of the business ensuring that assessments of risks are carried out which lead to safe working attitudes and practices.
- Production of NSI Work Procedures to meet production deadlines and include all detailed technical instructions for the fitting, repair or modification of assets to NSI standards.
- Review and update existing Maintenance Procedures before expiry date and review NSI Procedures and Non NSI Procedures as programmed on the IFS Database Review Plan (Includes all disciplines)
- Liaise with Production, Design Authority, Manufacturer and Nuclear Safety authorities to collate information and edit documentation with agreed technical amendments.
- Add new registered assets to preventative maintenance regime writing new maintenance documentation as necessary.
This role is a full-time permanent position (mon-fri) and includes a working from home arrangement, typically 2 days per week although this can fluctuate.
Essential experience of the Electrical Technical Author
This role would suit candidates coming from a hands-on electrical background such as Electrical Fitters or Electricians.
- Understanding of planning procedures and processes.
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders of all levels.
- Excellent communication.
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
Qualifications for the Electrical Technical Author
- Relevant electrical qualifications such as HNC or C&G 18th Edition wiring regulations.
Please note that this position is subject to enhanced national security vetting. The successful candidate must be a sole UK national who is able to satisfy Ministry of Defence security requirements (this may include obtaining SC, NNPPI or Developed Vetting (DV) level of security clearances).
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We are committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.