Job Title: Cost Engineer
Location: Warrington - Hybrid working available
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53022
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Cost Engineer at our Warminster site.
As a Cost Engineer at Cavendish Nuclear you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be responsible for applying requirements management, budgeting & cost control, financial management, change management and benefits management under supervision primarily in non-complex situations.
Day to day, you'll develop and agree scope/budgets for projects and/or programmes and controlling forecast and actual costs against them. This includes the provision of change management and risk & opportunity management.
- Develop/implement and maintain the Project Baseline Budgets including Control Account Plans/Responsibility Assignment Matrix and WBS Dictionary (SOW).
- Responsible for the monitor, control and validation of project's accruals and commitments and the control of resource and financial forecast data.
- Management and control of cost risk budget and drawdown and input into the risk management process.
- Management and control of financial change management on the project and assurance of alignment with the business/contractual requirements.
- Provision of internal and external financial performance & cost reports including earned value and variation analysis.
Essential experience of the Cost Engineer:
- Experience using SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in a Cost Engineering OR Project controls background is desirable
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work in a team environment
The role is 37 Hours per week, Hybrid working is available and includes flexible days in the office.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.