Job Title: Construction Engineer - Mechanical/Piping HL4
Location: Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater
Compensation: Competitive plus Additional Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52407
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Construction Engineer - Mechanical/Piping at our Cavendish Nuclear site in Bridgwater.
As a Construction Engineer - Mechanical/Piping you'll deliver Mechanical & Piping Construction Workpacks to support the MEH Alliance programme and enable the use of the Procon system to support the construction works and progress reporting of the MEH Alliance.
Day to day, you'll delegate of responsibilities to CE's/Works Coordination Leads. Lead, manage and motivate the team through implementation of best practice.
- Defining boundary of scope of works
- Liaising with necessary SME's and client counterparts
- Ensuring documents are compliant with latest works information and other MEH documentation
- Ensure documents are kept up-to-date and reviewed periodically where required
- Ownership and driving of deliverables from conception to A-Accepted status 90% first time accepted criteria
- Prioritisation and ownership of documentation to enable construction works as per the level 4 plan. E.g. T-3 months accepted prior to works
- Support continuous improvement programmes to improve process/procedures
Essential experience of the Construction Engineer - Mechanical/Piping:
- Proven track record of working in a highly regulated sector, preferably in nuclear
- Knowledge and experience in Safe Systems of Work
- Experience working on major construction projects
- Experienced in delivering and operating at Engineer or Senior Engineer level, including experience working within Joint Ventures
This role is full-time, based onsite at HPC.
Qualifications for the Construction Engineer - Mechanical/Piping:
- Degree qualification or equivalent vocational training and experience of installing Mechanical and Piping systems.
- Relevant Professional Accreditation (PM, Construction, Engineering)
- Can achieve Security Clearance (BPSS or Higher)
- CCNSG Safety Passport
- IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH
The successful candidate must be able to achieve the BPSS level of security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 15/08/23