Job Title: Construction Engineer- Mechanical
Location: Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater
Compensation: Competitive plus Additional Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52410
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Construction Engineer- Mechanical at our Cavendish Nuclear site in Bridgwater.
As a Construction Engineer- Mechanical you'll support the Building Lead in the day-to-day construction planning, engineering and works progression of your specific allocated building(s).
Day to day, you'll be liaising with necessary SME's and client counterparts
- Engage with the constructability of the construction of your specified building(s) using the building engineers as required to facilitate sequencing of installation that maximises efficiency.
- Manage project change within your specified building(s) ensuring that the project change process is adhered to. This will include construction documentation as well as scope change aspects of the contract in coordination with the Building Lead
- Deliver Construction Work packs to support the MEH Alliance programme
- Provide and demonstrate a positive HSE leadership, building a strong and compliant HS&E culture throughout the whole construction life cycle of the Project.
Essential experience of the Construction Engineer- Mechanical:
- Significant experience in a site construction role
- Experience in the management and coordination of multi-discipline construction installation methodologies
- Proven track record of success
- Effective leader with collaborative nature
- An ability to think laterally and flexibly to deliver solutions, and a 'process driven' focus to delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with both team and external stakeholders.
This role is full-time, based onsite at HPC.
Qualifications for the Construction Engineer- Mechanical:
- Relevant degree in construction or mechanical engineering OR
- HNC in relevant construction discipline or mechanical engineering with extensive experience working in this type of role
The successful candidate must be able to achieve an appropriate level of security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 08/08/23