Job Title: Commissioning Group Manager
Location: Faslane, Helensburgh - Hybrid
Compensation: from £60,000 to £72,000 depending on experience + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 53225
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Commissioning Group Manager at our Faslane site.
As a Commissioning Group Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. This is a highly prestigious position within our complex Submarine Support programme, responsible for ensuring that maintenance and testing are conducted to the correct standards prior to nuclear submarine deployments.
Day to day, you'll be responsible managing a group of Managers and Seniors in the delivery of testing and commissioning of systems and equipment, working with the Internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with specific regulations and codes.
- Overseeing the production of technical reports and other documentation whilst leading the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
- Supporting the development of the team members to support both their effective working, and their development.
- In addition, you will belong to the wider Babcock Marine Nuclear Group and will have the opportunity to support other projects in different roles within your discipline with a focus on longer term career development.
Essential experience of the Commissioning Group Manager:
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Demonstrable experience managing multi-disciplinary teams
This role provides flexible working with site attendance and travel to meet programme requirements. We are happy to discuss this with you in more detail.
Qualifications for the Commissioning Group Manager:
- A Degree Qualification in Engineering or relevant experience
- Membership of a relevant institution and hold Chartered status or be Incorporated and working to achieve Chartered status.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 13/09/2023