Job Title: Commercial Specialist
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid - Working from Home Options Available
Compensation: Up to £46,500 (Dependent on Experience) + Excellent Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 53334
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Commercial Specialist working for one of our subsidiary companies, Cavendish Nuclear, at our Bristol site.
As a Commercial Specialist, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary, supporting clean energy projects within Cavendish Nuclear's civil nuclear business.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for providing commercial expertise and guidance to project staff and commercial guidance to contracts / project(s) / bids as required; all the while working with the relevant project / contract / bid teams to assist the drive of a risk based commercial strategy.
The Commercial Specialist will be supporting key national nuclear projects such as Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C power stations as well as a number of exciting alternative nuclear technologies projects including Small Modular Reactors (SMR), Advanced Modular Reactors (AMR) and Fusion Technology, working closely with key customers and suppliers (in the UK and internationally).
- You will undertake internal compliance, liaising with the Head of Commercial and customers as required / instructed.
- Participate as a key member of the commercial team to drive performance.
- Develop key external commercial customer relationships.
- Actively communicate and embed commercial guidance and expertise, initiatives, policies and procedures across the relevant project teams under the guidance of Head of Commercial.
Essential Experience of the Commercial Specialist:
- Demonstratable commercial experience.
- Proven track record of assisting with the delivery of robust commercial management on contracts and bids.
- Experience of commercial management of large-scale projects is diesirable.
- Evidence of developing and sustaining positive working relationships including the ability to negotiate commercial terms.
- Previous experience of NEC 3 / 4 contracts would be beneficial.
This is a full-time position that allows for you to work in a hybrid working arrangement, between our site in Bristol and working from home. The individual will be expected to work from the office 2 - 3 days per week.
Qualifications for the Commercial Specialist:
Ideally, hold or be working towards International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or Post Graduate Certificate in Commercial Management (PGCCM).
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.