Job Title: Commercial Manager
Location: Warrington, Cheshire + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Competitive + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54061
At Cavendish Nuclear we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Commercial Manager at our Warrington site.
As a Commercial Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. From decommissioning redundant nuclear facilities, through supporting the Continuous at Sea Deterrent, to supporting the operation and build of nuclear power plants, our role in Cavendish Nuclear is to clean up the nuclear legacy and create a world where nuclear plays a key contribution in protecting our nation, ensuring security of energy supply and meeting our net zero commitments.
Day to day, you will supporting Process, Plant & Equipment (PP&E) delivery projects.
- Provide Commercial lead and guidance to contracts/project(s)/bids as required and set the overall direction the Commercial staff
- Develop key external commercial customer relationships
- Act as an escalation point within the relevant project for high risk, complex commercial issues
- Support the budget management process by providing input into project reporting for the business' and commercial P&L
- Raise key commercial issues with higher management through both line management and functional management lines
This is a full-time role at thirty seven hours per week and will be based at our Warrington, Cheshire site following a hybrid working arrangement.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential experience of the Commercial Manager:
- Significant generalist commercial experience, demonstrating proven track record in delivering on accountabilities, and more specifically on driving the commercial agenda
- Proven track record of delivering significant contribution to project commercial strategy, and to delivering robust commercial management on large and complex contracts and bids
- Demonstrable NEC3 experience
Qualifications for the Commercial Manager:
- Educated to degree level with Law degree or Quantity Surveyor qualification, or equivalent qualification or relevant experience
We value difference and don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS and SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
As a leader within the UK nuclear industry, Cavendish Nuclear, part of Babcock International Group, provides a comprehensive range of critical nuclear solutions in clean energy, defence and civil new build and decommissioning projects. Together, we're innovating to make nuclear safer, faster and cost-effective across the nuclear energy life cycle. Your career with us could take you anywhere within Babcock International Group - from Canada, the USA to Japan. Work with us to create a safe and secure world, together.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.