AWE has a new opportunity for an experienced Calibration Engineer - Electronics to join our Conventional Calibration team.
Here you will have the opportunity to work alongside a small team of engineers and subject matter experts calibrating a wide range of electrical, electronic, and thermal instrumentation. Calibrating both in lab and in-situ working with customers to provide certified calibrations traceable to national / international standards.
Calibration Engineers - Electronics
Salary: £27,420 - £39,060 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
Closing Date: 29th November 2023
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site
What will you be responsible for?
- Maintaining and promoting high personal standards, in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
- Assisting in the provision, maintenance, and implementation of local technical documentation for the calibration centre
- Supporting the delivery performance of the facility scheduling to meet customer requirements
- Working to Key Performance Indicator metrics on schedule, quality, safety and delivery
- Working with others to form high performing teams
What will you need to be considered for these roles?
- Be qualified to ONC/OND in a relevant technical discipline plus have industry experience. An engineering apprenticeship would be an advantage
- Have a proven background within Engineering and a knowledge of instrument maintenance and calibration
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work with others collaboratively in a team setting
- Ability to operate scientific equipment
- A positive attitude towards Health and Safety
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role