We have an exciting new opportunity for a Communications and Engagement Practitioner to join AWE. If you are a motivated self-starter with a passion for communications & engagement and a flair for content creation, then perhaps you'd like to join our friendly, fast-paced team.
Combining your skills as a communications and engagement specialist, you will play a leading role in establishing and delivering impactful communications and engagement activities within the Estate & Liabilities Function and across the organisation. Ensuring that formal messaging is clear, accurate and cascaded in a timely fashion using the appropriate media forums. You will take responsibility for the day-to-day management of communication channels and content creation and use your interpersonal skills to liaise with our workforce, key stakeholders, and the wider community on a range of programmes and events that looks to better engage our workforce.
Location: Reading /Basingstoke area
Salary: £33,690 - £38,000 per annum (dependant on experience and suitability to the role)
Closing Date: 21st February 2024
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off work)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle. Just let us know on your application if you wish to work part time
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution)
- Life Assurance
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Supporting the planning and execution of communication, engagement and change strategies/activities across the Function.
- The modernisation of existing SharePoint sites, pages, and libraries.
- Development and implementation of training/awareness activities.
- Development and implementation of functional and positional induction materials.
- Coordination and facilitation of engagement workshops, conferences, and functional meetings, etc.
- Creating, deploying, and analysing, customer feedback mechanisms.
- Tracking and measurement of engagement related actions.
- Development and maintenance of communications platforms such as SharePoint, Teams and the Intranet to ensure functional information is kept up to date and compliant with corporate requirements and GDPR.
Whilst not to be considered a check list, candidates should be able to demonstrate/evidence the following:
- HND or equivalent qualification or equivalent on the job experience in a comparable field.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft 365 packages (SharePoint & Teams) as well as the standard applications such as outlook, word, excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of basic change management principles.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management approach.
- Experience of managing multiple tasks and stakeholders at any one time.
- Excellent listening skills and is capable to translating requests into action plans.
- All candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role and be willing and able to work in designated areas.