Are you looking for a role where your knowledge, skills and experiences are utilised in a unique environment? If so, we currently have an exciting opportunity for you to join our Team as Business Improvement Lead at our Heysham 2 Power Station on a 12-month secondment.
Feel like your skill sets apply to the above roles? We would love to hear from you!
As part of our commitment to performance improvement, we have an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate in the role of Business Improvement Lead. This role will ensure an integrated approach to business planning, acting as a key process improvement link between senior leadership and employees across the station. In addition, you will have responsibility via a Team Leader for the wider admin support services for the station.
The Station Business Improvement Lead will report to the Head of Performance Improvement. This role works closely with the station's Senior Lead Team and fleet-wide Peer Groups.
Pay, benefits and culture
The salary range is between £40,069 - £71,779 and you'll be appointed at a level in accordance with the parameters outlined in the Nuclear Generation Company Agreement, as well in line with your existing salary, competence, experience and qualifications. We offer a company pension scheme, paid holidays and a range of flexible benefits that support our employees' physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
At EDF, everyone's welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We'd like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility. We are a disability confident employer and we'll do all we can to help you thought the process, making adjustments along the way as required.
We value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you'll be doing
- Facilitate the development of Heysham 2's station business improvement plan working with station leaders.
- Drive an aligned approach in station and departmental business plan accountability and reporting.
- Work with station leaders and personnel to identify station improvement opportunities and help develop structure and accountability to deliver these.
- Develop creative workshops or engagement events linked to organisational learning/business improvement topics.
- Provide station and departmental trend reports using CAP, KPI and observation data.
- Provide support to the senior management in the development of workshops, board reports, Station Performance Review Meeting and other strategic tasks.
- Experience of supporting the analysis, planning, design, implementation, and evaluation of key projects using Six Sigma methodology and analytics to measure business process improvements.
- Strong analytical skills - creates and identifies opportunities to drive impact (training will be provided)
- A clear understanding of the principles of planning and change management and how to apply them in an improvement arena.
- An agent for change and continuous improvement, experienced in generating new and innovative approaches to solving problems and challenging the status quo.
Who you are
- You will have a relevant HNC (or equivalent). Candidates with a relevant Degree may have an advantage.
- Background within a nuclear power station environment (or similar industry) with analytical experience
- Experience leading business and process simplification projects.
- Experience managing business specific projects.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, and Access), Business Objects and AMS
- Self- driven attitude and an ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills; Confident leading presentations and presenting to large groups of technically trained individuals.
- Ability to think creatively, design and develop interactive engagement events/workshops to facilitate problem solving.
- Attention to detail and an understanding of the use of human performance error prevention tools in mitigating errors.
- Ability to challenge on safety areas and business measures and targets.
- Self-motivated individual able to work with and engage wide range of station personnel to develop effective improvement plans.
- Strong influencing skills - uses a flexible influencing style to gain buy-in and drive impact.
This advert will close on Sunday September 10, 2023
Interviews will be held week commencing Monday September 25, 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.
EDF is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy and Belgium. We're the UK's largest producer of low-carbon electricity, the biggest supplier of electricity by volume in Great Britain, the largest supplier to British businesses and we employ more than 13,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We are playing a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK to secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.