Business Administration Manager
Location - Reading / Basingstoke Area
Salary: £43k - 57k (depending on experience)
Closing Date: 15th February
As part of our People Promise, AWE (one of the best 25 big companies to work for in the UK) has a range of benefits to suit you. These include:
- Time to recharge your batteries with 270 hours of annual leave (plus every other Friday off!)
- Consideration for flexible working arrangements so that your work may fit in with your lifestyle.
- Opportunities for Professional Career Development that include funding for the annual membership of a relevant professional body, access to mentors and training.
- Employee Assistance Programme and Occupational Health Services.
- A generous defined contribution Group Personal Pension (we will pay between 9% and 13% of your pensionable pay depending on your own contribution).
- Life Assurance.
- Discounts - access to savings on a wide range of everyday spending.
- Special Leave Policy including paid time off for volunteering, public service (including reserve forces) and caring for your family.
- A host of voluntary & core benefits to suit your health and wellbeing - more information available on our careers site.
What's a day like in the life of a Business Administration Manager?
As the Business Administration Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing daily operations of the administrative functions, developing and implementing strategies, and ensuring compliance with company policies and regulations. You will provide leadership and support to the administrative team, fostering a positive and productive work environment.
You will support the senior manager in providing leadership to enable effective delivery of services to an agreed standard and to optimise efficiency, as well as identify and drive improvements to changing business requirements.
- Provision of resource, capability, and competency for Business Administration across the organisation.
- Managing conflict and uncertainty while maintaining positive relationships.
- Providing management to enable effective delivery of services to agreed standards and achievement to Customer Service Level Agreements.
- Identifying potential risks, issues and opportunities associated with the delivery of service.
- Managing capability within the team in-line with resource and succession planning to meet current and future business needs.
- Identifying and driving improvements and anticipating changing business requirements.
- Providing visible leadership and management to Business Administration.
- Engaging and inspiring colleagues, and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment that encourages them to seek opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Communicating clear and precise performance expectations, standards, and priorities to team leaders.
- Supporting the senior manager in providing leadership.
- Applying technical knowledge and a creative problem-solving approach.
- Being a vital part of the management team,, advising on the best course of action to achieve required outcomes.
- Contributing to plans and procedures.
- Assessing the effectiveness of service provision.
- Sharing best practice.
- Enabling the service delivery of integrated services to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Planning and allocating resource to meet business requirements, whilst balancing conflicting demands and priorities.
To be successful in this role, applicants must have:
- Effective leadership and managerial skills, with the ability to develop, motivate and inspire a team.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent level.
- Proficient in IT programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.