Job Title: Appointed Person - Lifting Operations
Location: Plymouth, Devon
Compensation: £42,245 + On call allowance + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF55930
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Appointed Person - Lifting Operations at our Devonport Royal Dockyard site.
As an Appointed Person - Lifting Operations, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll be part of a central team supporting Devonport's lifting requirements. This position recognises the responsibility and demand for an Appointed Person and centralises this function within the Lifting Services team.
Day to day, you'll Plan, resource and observe lifting operations on the DRDL site. You will also:
- Identify equipment, personnel, and methods for undertaking various lifting operations which will include those ranging from basic through to complex.
- Risk assess lifting operations and identify hazards and mitigations to suitably control risks to an acceptable level. Communication of risk assessments, including environmental, is also a key part of this role.
- The individuals in the role will be required to verify compliance to their plan and ensure all operations are being conducted in line with legislation and site standards.
- Implement and follow site procedures and legislation while driving efficiency and effectiveness into operations whilst driving a zero-harm culture.
- Set personnel to work and manage outputs, reward positive actions, manage poor performance and behaviours using processes defined by HR department.
This role is full time, 36 hours based on site at Devonport Royal Dockyard.
Essential experience of the Appointed Person - Lifting Operations:
- Experience in lifting operations using all types of cranes.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplined teams, managing complex, high-risk activities and complying with both internal and external legislation.
- Competent IT user, able to produce documentation and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation.
- A proven history of effective leadership and management is advantageous as it forms a large element of the role.
Qualifications for the Appointed Person - Lifting Operations:
- NVQ level 5 Appointed Person qualification - or equivalent as defined in FP14-33-000.
- CPCS A61 Appointed Person red/blue card or NPORS N401 Appointed Person card.
- Crane Supervisor CPCS A62 red/blue card or NPORS N405 Crane Supervisor - Desirable.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC required security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Contributory Pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 20/02/2024